November 9, 2017
- Gave final approval to amending the Glenview Municipal Code to establish regulations regarding the installation of small cellular antennae technology – or "small cell" – within the Village in order to minimize the impact these installations could have on residential properties and public rights-of way.
- Gave final approval to a Planned Development Amendment and Final Site Plan Review to allow the Valley Lo Club, 2200 Tanglewood Drive, to construct two new paddle tennis courts adjacent to the existing facilities and a new wayfinding sign.
- Awarded a three-year contract to TKG Environmental Services Group LLC of Waukegan for up to $375,675 for street sweeping services of Village-owned roadways and properties. The work was bid through the Municipal Partnering Initiative with three other municipalities.
- Authorized an increase in spending authority to $41,400 for the remainder of 2017 and authorized execution of a contract with Standard Fence Co. Inc. of Chicago for $53,306 to repair Village-owned or maintained fences along state and county right-of-way, surrounding select detention ponds, adjacent to Village properties and adjacent to commuter parking lots, and those damaged by excavations for water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer or other underground utility repairs.
- Approved a plat of subdivision for two lots of record and subsequent construction of a new medical office building and a future office use to be determined in the Prairie Glen Corporate Campus.
- Authorized purchase of two voice loggers with five years' service maintenance for $108,575 from Word Systems of Indianapolis, Ind. To replace existing voice loggers.
- Authorized three-year contracts for emergency contractor assistance for water and sewer infrastructure repairs for a combined amount of $297,911 with Kloepfer Construction of Northbrook, Mark Meade Excavators of Grayslake and DiMeo Brothers of Elk Grove Village. The services were bid through the Municipal Partnering Initiative with eight other municipalities.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension for $40,000 with Alpha Paintworks of Chicago for sandblasting and painting services for the Village's 2,955 fire hydrants. The work was originally bid through the Municipal Partnering Initiative with eight other municipalities.
- Authorized the Northern Illinois Municipal Electric Collaborative to conduct bid auctions for electricity supply for the Village's pumping stations, sewer lift stations, parking decks, train stations and streetlights.
- Authorized the Village to participate in the State of Illinois' rock salt joint purchasing program to obtain up to 3,600 tons of salt for the 2017-18 winter season, for a total cost not to exceed $162,180.
- Authorized execution of a GIS Consortium Service Provider Contract with Municipal GIS Partners Inc. of Des Plaines for $198,893 for fiscal 2018, a 2.2-percent increase, with a three-year total estimated budget of $614,758.
- Approved an amendment to the agreement with SAFEbuilt of Windsor, Col. for inspectional services, which extends the current agreement to December 31, 2018, at an estimated $833,826.
- Preliminarily approved a rezoning, final site plan review and final subdivision ordinance to allow for the construction of an additional loading dock expansion and open air loading dock, truck service building, employee parking, truck parking expansion and associated site improvements at Abt Electronics, 1200 Milwaukee Avenue.
- Preliminarily approved an official map amendment, rezoning, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision for Trammel Crow to construct Active Living Apartments, 624-654 Waukegan Road, a 169-unit, multifamily development for seniors aged 55 and older.