July 18, 2017
- Gave final approval to a temporary traffic ordinance restricting parking on roadways and residential streets surrounding Saints Peter and Paul Greek Church, 1401 Wagner Road, during the Greek Festival, July 22-23.
- Gave final approval to a commercial variation for floor area ratio and final site plan review for The Abington of Glenview, 3901 Glenview Road, to allow construction of a building addition.
- Gave final approval to a conditional use, final site plan review and preliminary subdivision to allow the Glenview Park District to install 55 new luminaire fixtures upon eight new poles at Flick Park, 3600 Glenview Road.
- Approved a budget amendment and authorize execution of a feasibility cost sharing agreement with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to investigate flood protection improvements along the West Fork of the North Branch of the Chicago River, at a cost of $262,500.
- Accepted a grant from the state of Illinois for 911 dispatch consolidation capital costs totaling $213,847 related to the consolidation of public safety dispatch services for Glencoe, Kenilworth, Northfield and Winnetka, and approved a budget amendment for $193,464 to allow for the reimbursement of certain capital costs to the various communities.
- Authorized a one-year contract extension from August 1, 2017 through July 31, 2018 with Bredemann Ford of Glenview for maintenance/repair services for light-duty and medium-duty vehicles and miscellaneous parts purchases, for up to $154,059.
- Authorized execution of a contract award to Front Range Environmental of McHenry, Ill. for sewer manhole lining services for up to $66,412.
- Authorized execution of contracts with eight professional tradesmen (HVAC, electrical, painting/drywall repair and plumbing services) on an as needed basis to perform routine or emergency maintenance or repairs at the Village's 30 facilities for up to $75,000.
- Approved an amendment to the 2017 budget for The Circles Improvement Project with a future offsetting reduction in the 2018 capital projects budget in the amount of $2,282,111, so that all planned project improvements can be completed in one construction season instead of two. The project scope includes construction of new water mains, sanitary and sewer repairs, and new asphalt roadway pavement.
- To update the network storage and server equipment, put into service in 2008, supporting the 911 joint dispatch operation:
- Authorized the purchase of computer servers and licenses from CDW Government for $36,215;
- Authorized the purchase of computer storage from Paragon Micro Inc. for $35,820; and
- Authorized the purchase of professional services from Tyler Technologies for an estimated $25,600.
- Preliminarily agreed to amend the Vehicles and Traffic Municipal Code to establish "no parking" restrictions on the north side of Fir Street and the south side of Grove Street between Spruce Street and Roosevelt Avenue.
- Preliminarily amended the Glenview Municipal Code regarding administrative review provisions associated with the Appearance Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and Plan Commission. The amendment is intended to simplify and expedite specific minor development requests that are typically approved unanimously with little or no discussion, authorizing staff to administratively approve these requests.