February 7, 2017
- Authorized a Class A liquor license for La Taquiza y Mas, 2841 Pfingsten Road, which allows for the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises where food is served.
- Authorized a Class C liquor license at R&J Liquors, 972 Harlem Avenue, which allows the sale of packaged alcoholic liquor, but not consumption on the premises where sold, in a store, establishment or facility in which the retail sale of alcoholic liquor is the primary/principal business.
- Gave final approval to establish Special Service Area 97 for the installation of curb and gutter for 80 homes along Raleigh Road, Baffin Road, Drake Road, York Road, and Hudson Road in The Circles neighborhood. The SSA will fund the residents' share, which is 50 percent of the cost, to be repaid by them through a property tax assessment.
- Authorized the purchase of a replacement ambulance from Foster Coach Sales of Sterling, Ill. for $258,847; and a Stryker power loading system and cot from Stryker Corporation of Kalamazoo, Mich. for $49,993.
- Waived the competitive bidding process and authorized an agreement with Westnet Inc. of Hungtington Beach, Ca. for $45,590 for a maintenance agreement to support fire station alerting at two Glenview public safety dispatch centers, five Glenview fire stations and three Highland Park fire stations.
- Authorized execution of a contract award for pavement material testing services to Construction and Geotechnical Material Testing of Elk Grove Village for up to $62,450 for 2017 capital improvement projects and additional pavement field investigation.
- Authorized execution of a contract award for soil sampling and analysis to Huff & Huff Inc., a subsidiary of GAZ GeoEnvironmental Inc. of Oak Brook for up to $38,170 for 2017 road resurfacing and reconstruction projects.
- Certified an Illinois Department of Transportation resolution authorizing expenditure of Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) funds for the Village's 2017 road resurfacing program and annual Minor Area Repair Strategy (MARS) program, which will allow the State of Illinois to appropriate $1.1 million of MFT funds.
- Authorized execution of a contract with Microsystems Inc. of Northbrook for document scanning services for $39,000 in 2017.
- Authorized an intergovernmental agreement with the Village of Lindenhurst to provide police dispatching services and authorized agreements for the necessary capital improvements to consolidate and serve Lindenhurst from the Glenview public safety dispatch center.
- Authorized execution of a one-year contract extension with Schroeder & Schroeder Inc. of Skokie for up to $936,634 for concrete flatwork repair services.
- Waived the competitive bidding process and awarded a three-year contract to Best Technology Systems of Plainfield, Ill. for firing range maintenance services for up to $87,159.
- Waived the competitive bidding process and awarded a contract to Reserve Advisors of Milwaukee for up to $41,550 to conduct facility reserve studies of eight Village facilities and the two Metra stations, in order to determine the best maintenance, repair, and replacement investment strategy for all Village facilities.
- Preliminarily agreed to amend the Vehicles and Traffic Municipal Code to add two-hour parking restrictions to the parking lot at 1850 Glenview Road to provide temporary downtown parking in the former Bess Hardware site.
- Preliminarily declared four Village vehicles and equipment as surplus property, in order to auction or otherwise sell them.
- Preliminarily approved a final site plan review to allow for the expansion of an existing playground area, which is an accessory use to Children's Lane, 1814 Waukegan Road, an existing day care facility.
- Continued review of the proposed updates to the Glenview Comprehensive Plan.