Welcome to Glenview
The Village of Glenview had 350 residents when it was incorporated in 1899. Today, the population is almost 45,000. Located in Cook County, the Village's fine amenities and services, excellent schools, 34 parks and playgrounds covering more than 290 acres, numerous options for shopping and dining and proximity to local expressways and commuter trains have made it one of Chicago's premier suburbs -- a vibrant, thriving community that manages growth with success and style.
From lifestyle centers to boutique shops to one of the country's largest electronics retailers, Glenview has a lot to offer consumers on the North Shore. The latest in merchandise and the best customer service can be found within Glenview's borders. Here are just a few shopping areas:
- The Glen Town Center, Patriot Boulevard and Navy Boulevard
- Abt Appliances and Electronics, 1200 N. Milwaukee Avenue
- Plaza del Prado, southeast corner of Pfingsten and Willow roads
- Carillon Square, Waukegan Road, north of East Lake Avenue
- Glen Oak Plaza, northeast corner of Waukegan Road and Lake Avenue
- Patriot Marketplace, Willow Road and Patriot Boulevard
- Glenbrook Marketplace, northeast corner of Pfingsten and Willow roads
- Glen Gate shopping center, northeast corner of Golf and Waukegan roads
- The Shops at Glen Pointe, northeast corner Willow and Sanders roads
- Downtown Glenview, Glenview and Waukegan roads
Glenview is located between the Edens Expressway (I-94) to the east and the Tri-State Tollway (I-294) to the west, just 20 miles north of downtown Chicago.
The Village is served by two train lines:
Metra's Milwaukee North line, which runs between Chicago's Union Station and Fox Lake, serves Glenview at two stations -- downtown Glenview (1116 Depot Street) and the Glen of North Glenview (3000 Old Willow Road), with the average commute at 30-35 minutes.
Amtrak's Hiawatha service runs between Chicago's Union Station and Milwaukee, with six stops daily at Glenview's downtown station (1116 Depot Street), and the Empire Builder connects Chicago and Seattle, with twice daily stops in Glenview.
Pace provides bus service on these four routes:
- Route 210 -- Lincoln Avenue
- Route 422 -- Linden CTA/Glenview/Northbrook Court
- Route 423 -- Linden CTA/The Glen/Harlem CTA
- Route 623 -- Glen of North Glenview station/Willow Road corridor