February 7, 2019
- Appointed Jerry Ciolek to the Glenview Plan Commission. Ciolek served on the Appearance Commission since 2015.
- Authorized execution of a Class A liquor license for Coarse Italian, 800 Shermer Road, which allows for the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises were food is served.
- Authorized execution of an Intergovernmental Agreement with the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago and an easement agreement with Avoca School District 37 related to construction of the East of Harms Phase II stormwater project.
- Authorized a bid award to DiMeo Brothers of Elk Grove Village for $1,190,706 to construct the Meadow and Brandon improvement project, which includes approximately 0.36 miles of water main, storm sewer, sanitary sewer and pavement improvements on Meadow Lane and Brandon Road between Elmwood Avenue, Forest Avenue and East Lake Avenue.
- Gave final approval to opt into two ordinances adopted by Cook County in 2017, which would take effect July 1 and be repealed if the Illinois General Assembly passes applicable laws:
- The County Minimum Wage Ordinance established a schedule for annual increases in the minimum hourly wage for covered employees from the current State of Illinois minimum wage of $8.25 per hour. In Glenview, the minimum wage would rise to $12 per hour on July 1, 2019, and increase to $13 on July 1, 2020, with annual Consumer Price Index-based increases thereafter.
- The County Sick Leave Ordinance established requirements for employers to provide all employees working more than approximately five hours per week a minimum accrual of paid sick leave.
- Preliminarily approved a conditional use for the Dance and Music Academy, 4330 DiPaolo Center, to occupy an existing tenant space in the I-2 Light Industrial District.
- Preliminarily approved a conditional use, final site plan review and environmental plan for The Grove, 1421 Milwaukee Avenue, to allow modifications to the current entrance, ground sign, parking lots, wetland and stormwater detention areas and parking lot lighting.
- Preliminarily approved a comprehensive plan amendment, official map amendment, rezoning and conditional use for Canaan Church, 1225 Milwaukee Avenue, to allow the existing building to be used as a building primarily devoted to religious worship in the R-1 Residential Zoning District.