The Village of Glenview

Police Safety & Health Information

​Social Services

The Police Department employs a licensed clinical social worker to provide social services to village residents and victims of crimes.  There is no charge for the services provided:

  • Short term counseling for individuals, couples, and families dealing with domestic violence, marital conflict, child/parent issues, mental-health issues, grief and loss, sexual assault, substance abuse, elder-care issues, and runaway/lockout issues
  • Crisis counseling and court advocacy for victims and witnesses of domestic violence, sexual assaults, and other violent crimes (Also, assistance with orders of protection)
  • 24-hour crisis response to traumatic incidents occurring in the village
  • Critical incident response to community or workplace incidents
  • Emergency financial assistance  and assistance with applications under the Crime Victim Compensation Act
  • Information and referral for additional services

The social worker can be reached by calling the Police Department at (847) 729-5000.


By ordinance, persons under 17 years of age may not be present at any public assembly, building, place or street during the following hours:

  • 11  p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday - Thursday
  • 11:59 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday - Saturday

There are some exceptions to this rule, depending on the nature of the event a person is attending or the reason why he or she is at a place.

Animal control

​The Police Department's Animal Control and other officers will offer assistance with wild or stray animals.

By ordinance, residents must license their personal animals on a yearly basis. Applications for pet licenses are available at Village Hall, 2500 East Lake Avenue.

Also by ordinance, residents may not allow their personal dogs or dangerous, unruly, fierce, or mischievous animals to run at large in the Village. Residents must keep such animals leashed. Officers may impound such animals that are not leashed and cite their owner.

Infant car seat inspections

The department can inspect your infant car seat to make sure that you have installed it correctly.  Contact the department to make an appointment.

Vacation and emergency information

If you will be away from your home for a period, let the department know by completing this vacant house alert webform.

If you have not already provided the department contact information for your business, complete this emergency contact information webform.


The Glenview Police Department will provide fingerprints to applicants for local business employment, for access and review and other selected requests for residents of Glenview. To set up an appointment, call Property Evidence Officer Lisa O'Kray at (847) 901-6047.

The Glenview Police Department does not provide fingerprints for concealed carry applications. See the Illinois State Police website (here) for information.

Important links

The department offers the following resources for obtaining information about health and safety concerns: